Gone are the days when marketing required announcements, door to door knocks, and talks and not to forget the pamphlets and advertising rickshaws. It is 2020, the future is here in right now and in one click. Online marketing is spreading widely and is contagious. The reason why people choose Online marketing is, everyone uses social media. Like, everyone! Isn't it?
Secondly, it's easy to catch the attention that way. Online marketing places the customers’ needs and showcases in such a way that they get attracted to you as if a magnet. Now it is a miracle. But this miracle should be used wisely too! Currently taking the situation of COVID-19, Online marketing has become a vital ingredient to survive this massive loss in business.
Let us dive into the topic more and see the advantages of Online Marketing, How it should be done. The do's and don'ts.
How is Online Marketing done?
Online marketing is an effort to reach out to people and spread the word about your company utilizing the internet and online-based digital technologies. Basically, it’s anything that you do online to get more eyeballs on you, grab people’s attention, and hopefully, at some point, get them to buy from you.
There are 5 major categories of online marketing that we want to share with you in this blog today:
Search Engine Optimization. We have often come across this word but we fail to understand it and to address it. SEO is the main spice to your overall online marketing. SEO is the process of optimizing your content in such a way that a search engine shows it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword. You got to find someone who is a search engine ninja. If you want to level up, Game up your SEO.
When we read about SEO Brian is the perfect fit to learn and grow our skills. Taking an example, Brian published an article recently "How to get backlinks with guestographics"
He executes two vital things:
1. Showing you the result and proving how this strategy works.
2. A detailed step by step guide for you to follow and implement.
When you see the result, you scroll down and follow the steps as you read. Here the steps are:
1. Publish a spectacular infographic
2. It should be effective but simple to be maintained in link prospects.
3. Let your infographic be visible. Show them all what you got.
4. Give free content and bribe your prospects.
5. Finally, you got to get your contextual links
That’s easy to follow, right? So, what’s the catch?
'It’s hard to execute. It takes time.' And that’s the reason that not many people do it. Be one of the few who does and you’ll get the results. So sleeve up and get SEO'ing!
● Crawl Error
This error can be anything, duplicate content, or the 404 error. And all of these issues can plague your website with:
1. Slow speeds
2. Impacted rankings
3. Penalties from Google
4. Increased risk of users leaving your site (bouncing)
● Keyword research
The center of the universe of digital marketing is Keyword research. If you got the right keywords for your article, no matter if your content is engaging or not, you come in the priority of the Google search list. How do you do it? The key is, using the right keywords!
The two major kinds of keywords that you have to be aware of are:
1. Long-tail keywords: Long-tail keywords are longer keywords made up of 3-5+ words. They are often easier to target due to specificity, less traffic, and less competition.
2. Head Keyword: These are the one or two-word keywords that are generally also called Short-tail keywords.
A good SEO strategy must target a combination of both of these kinds of terms. Short-tail keywords will be much more competitive because they are more general (and therefore have a higher volume). On the other hand, long-tail keywords will get you less traffic but will convert better. Generally, when targeting keywords for your next blog post, you want to find long-tail terms with higher volumes and lower difficulty scores. Then, you can use that keyword and follow the next steps under page optimization!
● Page Optimization
Page Optimization SEO is a vital part of your website. To improve your position and ranking you should invest in Page Optimization. Now there are 2 types of Page Optimization, On-Page Optimization, and Off-Page Optimization. What On-Page SEO does is, it helps us analyze the manipulation made directly to the web page and take it to a high ranking number. Now Off-Page SEO is nothing but all of the SEO practices that take place off the field of our website. Example: link relevancy, backlinks, and social signals.
On-Page SEO Step by Step:
1. Keyword Research and Analysis.
2. Focus On High-Commerciality Keywords.
3. Integrate Essential On-page SEO Mechanical Elements.
4. Add Cornerstone Content.
5. Improve the Title Tag and Description Metatag.
6. Write Effective Headlines, Sub-headings, Headings Tags.
7. Keyword Choice and Keyword Selection Strategies – Pick Your Battles.
Off-Page SEO Step by Step:
1. Link Building is King.
2. Harness that Social Media Power.
3. Add an RSS Feed Subscription Box.
4. Don't Shy from Blog Commenting.
5. Guest Posting is Still Hot.
6. Forums Posting Is a Thing.
7. Build Trust.
● Page Speed
The faster your page provides results, the longer time a user sticks on to your page. Remember that! A slow page or a page with several bugs never wins the race. Best practices for optimizing page speed include:
1. Minimizing the HTTP requests for different parts of the page such as images, script, and CSS.
2. Compressing the file to reduce their size and combining common files to reduce requests.
Advantages of Online Marketing are in millions, to mention a few,
● Low Cost for Operations.
● Measure and Track Results.
● Demographic Targeting.
● Global Marketing.
● Ability to Multitask.
● 24/7 Marketing.
● Automated, Tech-Savvy Marketing.
Wait, we are not done yet.
Guess the main advantage?
Not getting yet?
Come on, it is that you can market even in the LOCKDOWN! True isn't it?
So get your business going and escalate to heights of success with Online Marketing. The next time a pandemic hits (pray it doesn't) your business won't be locked down. Cheap cost, the higher market is the ultimate goal of Online Marketing. Ditch the old and make bold moves with this new method. Be on the line of business with Online Marketing!