Now, “social media is not just the media but it has become the key to listen, to engage, and to build relationships amongst the people around the world”.
Social media has emerged because of the development in the field of Communication and information technology over the past 20 years. The change that the world is adopting is accelerating every day and this is mostly because of mobile technology which is giving rise to social media.
All over the globe, the usage of mobile devices has increased and it is dominating the total time spent by a person online. The rapid increase of mobile technology is because of its handy usage as it can be used anywhere & anytime by anyone.
Now the biggest question comes that what is so special in social media? Or why do people share information on social media?
There are some of the following reasons for which people prefer to share information on social media:
- Building an individual image and demonstrating who they are is one of the major motives of a large number of audiences.
- People take part in the things happening in the world through social media.
- People also share information on social media to support an issue they feel strongly about.
- Another motive is to stay in touch with others in the outer world.
- To nurture relationships and to grow with interaction and to get a sense of fulfillment.
These are some of the factors that are creating an impact on human lives through social media.
Apart from this, there are many things that are being shaped through the influence of social media and these are:
· Innovation, and many more.
The Social Media Impact:
· The impact of social media on politics has been increased in recent years especially in electoral politics. Different politicians engage a lot of audiences with various campaigns and attractive content through social media. Also, there is the freedom of communication among various people; they can share their views, thoughts through images, and other sources. Therefore because of these many different reasons, social media is surprisingly able to create greater influence on the political section of society.
The other important section is the commerce that is being impacted by social media to a bigger extent. In today’s scenario companies are interacting with their customers through social media and they are able to interact with the customers and build revenue. As there is an analysis of the businesses that social media is helping them to get the insights, they are able to target their audience for offering the product and the process of demand.
Apart from these social media has also impacted relationships; either they are personal or professional. Through social media, people are able to create and cherish various beautiful bonds so that they can communicate and share their values and thoughts to work on further things. Many of the business relationships are maintained over social media whether with the clients or with the customers.
Thus this is really very important to understand the impact of social media in our day to day life as almost the whole world is making use of social media to bring improvements and ease of doing things in their lives. And social media is a major part of Digital marketing that is becoming the trend in the world of business. So, we must focus on these major impacts of social media in order to make our lives more beautiful.